WarCon is growing!
Check out our job postings below:
Position Title: Construction General Laborer
Reports To: Labor Supervisor
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: Responsible for cleaning and preparing construction sites for the erection of structures and buildings. Unloads and loads materials, reads plans and specifications, tends machines, mixes concrete, pours concrete and assists carpenters, operating engineers, and other construction site workers.
View and Apply on LinkedIn:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIVILITEIES: Other duties may be assigned.
· Assist in building structures for business and construction sites
· Participate in demolitions
· Remove trees and debris
· Service machines, including pumps, compressors, generators, tractors, and trailers
· Mix concrete
· Pump concrete, grout, cement, sand, or plaster
· Use spray guns for application of material to ceilings and/or walls
· Assist construction managers
· Read blueprints and designs
· Dig trenches
· Install sewer, water, and storm drainpipes
· Pour concrete and asphalt onto roads
· Operate laser guidance equipment to place pipes
· Operate air, electric, and pneumatic drills
· Remove hazardous materials
· Operate pavement breakers; jackhammers; earth tampers; concrete, mortar, and plaster mixers
· Control robotic pipe cutters and cleaners
· Survey and measure equipment
· Lift 90+ lbs. in a safe manner
· Ascend/descend ladders
· Stand, crouch, or kneel for certain periods of times
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITEIS: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: 2+ years preferred general labor related experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
MATHMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply basic algebra and geometry.
RESONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Lift 90+ lbs in a safe manner, ascend/descend ladders, stand, crouch, or kneel for certain periods of times.
WORK ENVIROMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works both indoors and outdoors and under adverse weather conditions at times. The employee will work near or with moving mechanical equipment. The employee may work with toxic or caustic chemicals such as petroleum products, degreasers, and sprays. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. The employee will work at high elevations on scaffolding and ladders.
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance